Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day Expectations

Until Friday, Garrett and I forgot he had today off work. We're focused more on a different kind of Labor Day.

Although my due date is September 9, Garrett and my mom are really antsy for Max to arrive...NOW. I made the mistake of telling Garrett about an acupressure point on the ankle that can start contractions, so he presses it every chance he gets. Um, I think he missed my point. I guess it's okay, though, since he thinks the point is a different place than it actually is. I've not corrected him.

I'm still in denial sometimes that I'm actually pregnant. Yes, I realize that tumors don't grow and kick and have heartbeats, but it still seems surreal that I'm growing a little human boy inside me.

We have our guesses at how big Max is going to be. Garrett doesn't think he'll weigh 7 pounds. Garrett only weighed about 6 pounds 13 ounces, so I guess I realize why he might think that. The delivery should certainly be easier than I expect if that's the case. I feel like I'm carrying a baby elephant. He teases me that I'm beginning to look like a man with a beer gut. Not only does my tummy stick out, but Max is getting so heavy that it's beginning to droop, too.

My mom thinks he'll weigh 7 1/2, but she reserves the right to continue guessing as I progress. I already weigh more than she did when she delivered me and I was a few ounces shy of 8 pounds.

Grandma guesses 8 lbs. 2 oz. Since my brother was in the 8 pound range and my dad was about a 10 pounder, I don't think that's too far off the mark.

Anyone else want to make a guess?

NOTE: Garrett claims he said 7 1/2 pounds. My mom claims 8 pounds. I guess I wasn't paying attention. Jenny McCarthy's book Belly Laughs claims that a pregnant woman will be forgiven anything.

3 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

It's kind of hard to make a calculated guess when I can't see you in person. I just keep picturing you in your slender form---I will predict 7.2lbs.

Anonymous said...

Hmmm...I'll go on the record saying 7.8 oz. I'll have to ask Jesse his opinion and get back with you on it!

Scott said...

I guess 6lbs 10oz