Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Grammy meets her first grandchild

One of the reasons I think labor was not as difficult as it could have been was because I had a great support system. The hospital staff at Valley is completely deserving of its excellent reputation. Also, Garrett and my mom were amazing. I noticed that when even one of them left the room, my contractions seemed stronger. They were great at tag teaming.

After Max was born, they whisked him away from us for hours. I was the only one who got to hold him immediately after he was born--and the time was brief because they were trying to get the amniotic fluid out of his lungs. As a result, Garrett and my mom didn't get to hold him for many hours. Here is my mom getting to touch her grandson for the first time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is absolutely beautiful!! The
"Award Winning Grammy" looks pretty good too! We are so proud for you.
We love you and miss you tons. Can't wait to see Maximus.
Mika John,Lisa and BMC children

Anonymous said...

Mrs. Bryant makes a beautiful grammy!