Friday, September 19, 2008

Artist? Interior Decorator?

Max has skills. He can hold his head up and look around--for a brief time. He can push the bird on his bouncy chair to make the music begin--I swear it's not reflexes. He can melt hearts with a smile-- I realize it's supposed to be involuntary for now, but sometimes I wonder. He can urinate long distances. (I now understand the phrase "pissing contest" because anyone would lose when competing with him.) Yeah, he's Superbaby.

One skill, though, stands out above the rest.

My parents observed it first. When I went to pick up Garrett from work, they were both left here to witness the amazing feat. While having his diaper changed, Max managed to express his opinion about the plain white walls in the nursery. Apparently, he decided they needed to be more of a baby poop color because he commenced to painting. My parents cleaned up kiddo, walls, closet door, diaper stash, and hanging wall frog by the time we returned home.

Yesterday, I witnessed the master at work. I managed to place a wet wipe over the area of origin to catch the second blast. As I looked at the wall and the destroyed changing table I couldn't help but laugh.

I looked down at the little guy and guess what? He had a big grin on his face and he was laughing, too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What, no photos of his artistry? OK, maybe that wouldn't be appropriate. I can just imagine him holding it all in and thinking, "Just wait. When they take this thing off I'm going to get 'em and they'll still love me anyway."

Just another adventure in parenthood. And I know you are thrilled with every bit of it!