Thursday, May 8, 2008

Wedding Bells

My brother is getting married!

Yes, to the girl he's dated for so long. Lisa's nieces and nephews have called him Uncle Brett for years. She's in all our holiday photos and is really already part of the family. So, when Max comes along, "Aunt" Lisa will be official.

They may have had a long courtship, but they're engagement will be short. They're getting married in June. I appreciate that they planned a date where I can still fly because I'm thrilled for them and want to be there.

Unlike me, the rest of my family has green thumbs. I, on the other hand, am the only person I know of to massacre a cactus. (Hey, I thought the car would be like a greenhouse and be good for it!) Anyway, they have beautiful yards. They're having a very small wedding in the backyard. It will be lovely.

No comments: