Thursday, May 8, 2008

Moving pics

It felt good to be Oklahoma. This sight greeted me when I stepped outside the morning my parents arrived to help pack. Obviously, it was uplifting.

I think the fun had worn thin by the time I took this picture:

As you can see, many children look at my dad in awe at Christmastime. They think he lives at the North Pole. Usually, his beard is whiter. As so many guys do, he has fun with facial hair. He found some of his old mustache wax that was brown and decided to put it on his mustache and part of his beard. My mom claims that he works hard to become a "town character."


The next day, Garrett arrived and his parents joined us in packing. Here's Don after going on a coffee run:

Here's our moms sifting through the stuff we'd planned to donate:

All in all, it was pretty smooth and our folks really helped.

1 comment:

Tiffany Cooper said...

I enjoy seeing all your pics. I love your mom! You were all so welcoming when I came to the writing group.