Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Inklings Win Big at OWFI



For you aspiring writers out there, you should check out OWFI. One of my group's favorite aspects of OWFI is the contest. Not only does the conference offer opportunities to network with agents, editors and authors, but it also provides the opportunity for us to make a little cashola. For only $20, a person can enter each of the 33 categories. Good deal, right? Plus, conference attendees get nifty bags like these:The Inklings were able to shake our Hallelujah basket (filled with jingle bells) several times and wear our celebratory tiaras at Saturday night's banquet. Our group scooped up three first place wins, one third place, and several honorable mentions. Good times. Here are three founding members of The Inklings before the ceremony:


Here I am with an award for a series of columns I wrote called "Pregnant Pauses," a humorous and very real take on infertility. I have fodder for more! If I knew the right market, I could definitely have a real column.

1 comment:

Tiffany Cooper said...

I would love to read Pregnant Pauses. Are they anywhere for me to look up and read?