Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Brown Box with Glamour-ous Contents

Garrett came home for lunch and asked if I'd seen the box on the front porch. Nope. He carried it inside so I could open it.
Lovely advanced copies of Glamour gleamed up at me.

Seeing a beautiful book with my name and picture on the cover and my story inside was surreal. The cover is even prettier in person than on the computer screen. The font looks friendly and inviting--especially for tween and teen girls. Admittedly, I was afraid to look too closely for fear I'd see a mistake of some kind even though the publisher sent word that everything is perfect, "glamorous even."

For now, I'm content with admiring the book from afar. I've got to get used to the idea that I'm a published author.

With a hardcover novel.

That you can buy.

At a bookstore.

Yep, this should sink in by November 18--when you can buy a copy of your very own!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! So will you be booking any Author visits to schools...say Okmulgee Elementary??? Love for you to come inspire our "tweens"! Of course, Max could be taking up some of your time...but maybe by Spring!???

Okies in Joisey said...

I'd love to! Just let me know when and where. I could do a book talk or writing workshop or whatever. I know the fifth graders have their big writing test this year. I'd be happy to work in conjunction with that even.The spring would be fabulous.

Anonymous said...

Hey, you know Beggs Middle School isn't too far up the highway from Okmulgee! My kids would love an author visit as well! I have 7th & 8th grade SpEd English this year. Congrats! Zoe can't wait to get her copy! I already let her Nana know (she's the children's director @ Okmulgee Public Library) to be sure to purchase it!

Anonymous said...

Hi Brandi,

CONGRATS! Not too surprised to hear this grand news. Knew you could do it. Are your parents proud or what? Bet Bret is even a bit proud. I also take pleasure in having taught you.

Congrats on the baby. Wow, so much happening. Will look forward to buying a copy.

I have been working part-time at the Checotah Public Library. Sooo, we are always interested in having an author come.

Love, Carma Cruce

Okies in Joisey said...

It's great to hear from you all! Thanks.

Stephanie, Congrats on your new job at Beggs. I'd love to visit--and thanks for mentioning the book to Zoe's Nana at the library.:)

Mrs. Cruce, Students are ALWAYS indebted to their English teachers, and it's wonderful to know you're still sharing your love of literature. I'd love to visit Checotah as well.

To make plans or just catch up, please email me at brandi@brandibarnett.com.

To find more information on the book and ideas for author visits, go to my author website at www.brandibarnett.com My author blog is http://brandibarnett.blogspot.com and lacks comments from Garrett as well as much fewer baby items.