Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Boomer Sooner

Several days ago I made my usual morning trip to The Gym. The crowd was the typical fare of 30 and 40 somethings with most of the regulars in attendance.

However, I noticed something a bit out of the ordinary. There was a fairly young, round guy wearing a Longhorns cap. I watched this guy for a bit before I remembered that I was wearing my OU socks, a gift from my lovely wife, conveniently hidden under my long Under Armour workout pants.

I promptly walked over to this guy, set my foot up on the bench he was using, and raised the leg of my workout pants to reveal the OU on my socks. Speechless, his mouth hung open and his eyes widened. I think that I would have received the same look if I had walked over and pulled out my unmentionable (note: this part has been slightly edited by Brandi). A bit surprised myself, I pointed to his hat and said that I noticed his Longhorns cap. Still confused, he responded that he had borrowed the hat from his roommate and did not even know what it represented.

I have never seen him back at The Gym.

--G

No comments: