Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Westwood, NJ

Since I'm growing less and less mobile these days, Garrett and I decided to explore a town nearby. It's 2-3 train stops away from Park Ridge depending on the schedule. Of course, we drove because we didn't really know where we were going. Next time, we'll take the train.

Why we'll return...

Bookstores! We visited an independent book store called Shaw's Book Shop. For such a small store they had a huge selection. Not only did they have many classics, but they also had lots of bestsellers. I was impressed with their expansive selection of YA books. We purchased a book about the Revolutionary War in Bergen County. Since we live here, we should know its history, right? There's also another shop I want to go to that's called Peace, Love & Serenity Book Shop. As the name indicates, it's a bit more earthy and touchy-feely. I'm guessing Garrett probably won't be interested.

Movie theater! The Pascack Theater shows new movies and it's much closer than any of the other theaters we know. Usually, we drive to the Palisades Mall in NY. It's nice to know we can catch a flick close to home.

Tea house! Harmony Tea Room is not just a regular ol' tea house. It's a Victorian style tea house. They must be on vacation because they're closed temporarily until July 9. My mom visits in July, so I'm hoping to go there with her. Garrett certainly isn't thrilled with the prospect of having to attend with me.

Ice cream! I can't remember the names of them all, but there were several places. Not only did they have chains like Cold Stone Creamery, but they also had cute little boutique shops. Oh, yeah. I scream for ice cream.

Shopping! Specialty shops and chains were all around the few streets of this small town. Someone else wrote about the cute shops and things to do in Westwood, so here you go.

No comments: