Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Not Picture Perfect

We went to Babies R Us last night. Yeah, I know, big surprise. Those coupons are addictive!

While there, the photographer offered us a free 5x7 because she wasn't busy. I'd wanted to get a pregnancy pic with Garrett, but we'd not done it and had kind of figured it wasn't going to happen.

We weren't exactly photo ready last night.

Still, we posed for the picture anyway, and I'm glad we did.

It reminds me of a photo of my grandpa taken many years ago. The story that goes along with the pic is that my grandmother was furious with him when she discovered he'd worn the shirt he wore. The black and white photo reveals a slightly frayed collar. As their granddaughter, I don't care about the shirt because it adds character.

In later years, Max might ask us why I was dressed in a tank top wearing little makeup and Dad was wearing a t-shirt and shorts, but at least we have it.

No comments: