Monday, June 16, 2008

My brother is married!

My brother married his sweetheart on Saturday. They've dated for seven years. After the preacher announced them "husband and wife," my uncle cried, "Hooray! Hooray!" Obviously, it was an event many of us have anticipated for years. We had the rehearsal dinner Friday night and the ceremony on Saturday.

It was fun to see family and meet my brother's co-workers, friends, and new in-laws. I was impressed by how truly nice everyone seemed to be. Also, I was so grateful that Brett and Lisa planned the event on a date I could attend. It was a special time.

Garrett purchased a Flip video recorder and put it to use. He originally wanted it for the baby but rushed to get it in time for the wedding. He hoped to catch a blooper for America's Funniest Home Videos, but the wedding went smoothly. I look forward to seeing the clips he took this week. I interviewed him and the best man after the bride and groom left in their abused car. Garrett and David have the same "haircut" and claimed they'd seen a couple of really hairy guys around the car, so I guess they're cleared.

Unfortunately, I cried during the ceremony, which alarmed the bride and her mother due to the belief that the tears cried during the wedding are tears the bride will shed during the marriage. Since I'm not much of a crybaby, we decided my tears didn't count since they were probably due to pregnancy hormones. Still, it was touching to see my brother taking his vows, winking at his bride, and being the happiest I've ever seen him in my life.

When I return to NJ, I'll post pictures.

No comments: