Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Baby Shower

When some friends learned I was in in the state for the last time before baby Max arrived, they quickly organized a baby shower. In addition to some adorable, easily packable things, they were thoughtful in considering how I'd have to get it back to NJ, so they gave us a generous gift card. Garrett and I are really blessed with good people in our lives. Thanks, girls.

I doubt the waiter had ever waited on so many pregnant women, but he fit right in because he is expecting his baby boy to arrive within the month. I think five mommies-to-be sat at the table. One of them delivered a baby girl this week. Congrats, Larra!

Here's my mom cutting the cake.

Not only was the cake adorable, but it was the only cake I've ever tasted that I thought was as good as my wedding cake. It was delicious. They said it was from Brown's Bakery.

My mom carefully cut around the booties. She tried to save them because she thought they were so cute. We met friends for lunch the next day and she'd hoped to show them. However, even though we stuck the cake in the fridge immediately, when we opened the box at lunch the next day, we were shocked. The top of the cake had absolutely no icing at all. Still, it tasted great!


There were several blue balloons at the table, but I took this one with me to the three different hotels I stayed in for the rest of my trip. It brightened each room and made me smile.

It's hard being away from so many friends and family--especially during pregnancy--but you girls really made me feel happy.

No comments: