Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Yes, I look tired!

My mom dropped by and took this picture. Too bad she didn't arrive a little sooner because she'd missed all the fun. By the time she arrived, all that was left to do was take a picture and laugh at me.

I answered the door in tears. I was trying to unpack--still am, in fact--and Max wasn't interested in helping. We'd just introduced carrots to his diet, and he must not have enjoyed them much because I kept having to change his diapers.

This picture was taken after the last diaper change. I knew the situation was hopeless. I tried to use wipes but ended up grabbing a fresh diaper to help clean up the mess. I even had those disposable pads on the changing table and tried using it to fight the Battle of Poo. No use. I finally just gave up and stripped him down on the changing table. Then I took him into his bathroom. One sink already had clothes soaking from earlier that day, so I plopped him in the other sink. I looked down to discover my attempts to avoid being covered in "carrots" were all for naught.

Then the doorbell rang.

Saved by the bell!

His outfit, by the way, soaked for a week and had to be washed three times. I don't know if it's my imagination or not, but I think I can still see signs of carrot on the back of his shirt.

1 comment:

FaithFamilyFriends5 said...

Um, yeah, carrots stain. They stain everything. I hate them. They even make their skin turn orange if they eat too many!