Friday, February 6, 2009

No party at the crib

Last night totally rocked.

Actually, it didn't. I didn't have to rock Max AT ALL. He slept from the time we put him down until 8 in the morning. Woohoo!

It was wonderful to sleep. The only negative aspect is that I didn't spend all of those waking hours catching up on Facebook. This is probably a good thing.

We celebrated this morning by introducing a new food to Max's diet: bananas. At first taste, he scrunched his face in the way that I feel when I drink orange juice after brushing my teeth. He was not a fan. I thought babies are supposed to like bananas! Nope. Not once did he do the little bird mouth indicating he wanted more. In fact, he had banana smeared all over his face by the time I gave up.

Cereal: likes it.
Carrots: okay.
Peas: no, thank you. He actually pushes my hand away but sometimes opens his mouth for more.
Squash: loveslovesloves
Green beans: okay.
Bananas: not a favorite. We'll try again tomorrow.

In my ignorance, I gave him green beans at his next feeding and squash at the next one. My friend told me that I'm supposed to only introduce one food a day which means that's what he's supposed to get all day. Is that right? Will some of my mommy readers let me know the proper procedures for introducing foods? Thanks in advance.

No comments: