Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Hotel Review

We recently attended a convention. I've been going to them since I was a child. Although the organization is wonderful, the location was horrible. The last time we were there, it was pretty bad. (My grandmother had a space heater warming her room, and it was still cold.)We were assured it had been renovated. Garrett kept referring to the place as a "fleabag" hotel, but I was hopeful. As the weekend approached, though, I expressed my anxiety. I think my mother called me "an elitist."

By the end of the weekend, she was in total agreement.

Here's a list of grievances:
1. check in took at least half an hour, and we had reserved a room
2. second floor had no elevator
3. lampshade was cracked and stained
4. every towel was stained
5. when I took a shower, I ended up using Garrett's towel because the only other one had gunk on it
6. the countertops had an ick on them I had to scrape off
7. my grandmother didn't have shampoo or soap
8. one of the ladies we were with ordered towels and didn't get them until 6:00 that evening
9. at least four of us got sick after eating in the restaurant at three different meals
10. one of the ladies had to call security because of the fights going on outside her room in the middle of the night
11. the walls were so thin that the baby waking us up crying was not even our own
12. our room was non-smoking, but that didn't stop our neighbors from lighting up
13. a guy was smoking a joint in the hallway
14. one of the ladies had to change rooms because her room had no heat
15. our tv didn't work
16. our "free internet" didn't work
17. we had to walk out in the cold to get to the rooms for the convention
18. it smelled dirty...because it was
19. the wakeup calls weren't on time
20. I almost stepped on a roach...of the insect variety

Where is this marvelous locale? The Biltmore Hotel on Meridian in Oklahoma City. I heard many people say they will never stay there again.

Guess what?

We won't either.

2 comments:

Tiffany Cooper said...

That sounds like the hotel we stayed at in New York. Cale was a baby and most of the hotels were booked. It didn't take long to figure out this hotel booked rooms by the hour if you know what I mean! We left the next day.

FaithFamilyFriends5 said...

I seriously think Jesse had to stay there once...I'm going to ask him! He took photos with his cell phone to show me the grime.