Friday, January 9, 2009

Casualties

According to Ms. Bib (our GPS), our trip from NJ to OK should take 21 hours. Factor in the fact that we're traveling with an 18 week old, and you've got a different kind of math to do. For example, we're averaging about 5-6 hours on-the-road-time even though we're in the car 8-9 hours.

Yep.

Calculate that.

Plus, last night Max developed an ugly diaper rash. (I had nightmares about it.) After reading all about it online, I feared the worst. To make matters worse, Max started filling his diapers often and well. He doesn't lack enthusiasm or sound effects. He is such a boy. Since he has the rash, we pulled over as soon as we realized he needed a diaper change. His rash is better tonight but not totally healed.

So, with everything going on, a few casualties are bound to occur. Here they are to date:
1. 2 sheets
2. pillowcase
3. 2 pants (mine)
4. towel
5. frog humidifier

The first three are results of Max's overzealous bathroom habits. I read that a baby should go diaperless to allow air to circulate around the rash. Inevitably, Max became a fountain...that backfired. On the bright side, he giggled at my reaction. His smile is always a bright side.

#5 is all my fault. I dropped it when Garrett handed it to me in the parking lot. Its eye is scraped because I'm a klutz. And I'm tired.

Poor froggie.

I guess there is bound to be a little road kill when we travel.

No comments: