Monday, December 1, 2008

Max rolled over!

He turns 13 weeks tomorrow. It's also his 3 month birthday. So...however you're counting, mark it down.

Because Max rolled over today!

He hates tummy time. The noises he makes are simply awful. Sometimes he sounds upset. Other times he sounds like those guys at the gym who are showing off as they try to lift too much weight.

Today was no different.

I put Max in his crib on his tummy as I was wrapping Christmas gifts on the floor beside him. I almost gave in and turned him on his back. However, I kept telling myself that it was good for him and that I'd finish my task then turn him over. After a bit, I noticed he wasn't complaining anymore, and I heard him making sighs of contentment. I looked up and couldn't believe what I saw. He was on his back gnawing happily on his fist.

Jumping up, I squealed, clapped my hands and yelled for Garrett to come see. We placed Max on his tummy again. He wasn't too happy. Still, we saw him tuck his right shoulder and eventually swing his left leg over. We scooped him up and celebrated with a big family hug. I might have even danced a little. Max was all smiles.

Until I called for the video camera so that we could tape him doing it. Needless to say, he did not perform for the camera.

Today was not the first time he rolled over, but it was definitely the one that counted. About three weeks ago I looked up and he was on his back. However, he was on an incline, so I'm not sure it really counted. Today, though, Garrett and I saw it happen!

So, let's recap. Last week he found his feet. Today he rolled over. What's he capable of tomorrow?

I hope his accomplishment will be sleeping late.

No comments: