Monday, January 28, 2008

Wednesday, January 23, 2008

My trip to Oklahoma was fabulous. Not only did I get to see my talented Inkling friends but I also got to spend time with my parents and grandmother. My dad cooked up a batch of greens for me—yes, that’s turnip greens and collard greens, I’m from Oklahoma, thankyouverymuch. I bet Paula Deen’s don’t taste as good as his: de-lish! The Open House went well on Sunday according to our realtor. We’re waiting on an offer to prove it. C’mon, buyers, it’s a great house! Most importantly, though, the real excitement happened on Friday.

My mom accompanied me on my appointment with Dr. Haas. I’m glad she did. How many grandmothers-to-be get to see a heartbeat? Plus, I was grateful she got to meet the staff where Garrett and I have spent so much time. Dr. Haas has this way of bouncing when he’s excited, so I knew the appointment went well. We were relieved to learn the heartbeat was in the normal range. From Sherry and Cammie who work in the office to the chatty endocrinologist John, everyone is so friendly and seems to have a real stake in our pregnancy. Even Dr. Craig who shares the office but is in a different practice regularly questions our progress when we meet in the hallway. The nursing staff can’t be beat. As I’ve mentioned before, Priscilla totally rocks, and Vanetta, Amber, and the cute brunette (I totally just blanked on her name) are fabulous too. I really miss them.

No comments: