Thursday, January 17, 2008

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

We ate dinner last night in a town called Nyack, NY, at a great restaurant called Wasabi. We met our friends Alison and Paul there. Alison is one of the cutest pregnant women I’ve ever seen in my life. She’s all fit and trim with just a round little bump on her tummy. Her due date is today. She’s my local baby-mama guru. It’s nice to have friends nearby. I hope she delivers soon or her patience may wear thin. I think I heard talk of creative and dangerous ways to get that baby out.

After researching doctors last night, Garrett and I made a list of names. My first call couldn’t work me in until the 29th. Plus, they rotated patients with six different doctors at two different locations. Um, no thank you. Maybe if I were a normal woman, but c’mon. I finally got in with one that would see me this Friday. It’s so close that Garrett may even pop in. This baby thing seems to be working out this time. Garrett said if we made it all as inconvenient as possible it would work. Boy, was he right.

The UPS guy delivered three boxes of clothes and a small television today. Hooray! Life is returning to some sort of normalcy. The fact that I had no knives and made dinner with an apple peeler and apple corer does not change the fact that dinner is cooking in the crockpot.

No comments: