Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Swine Flu?

So, the World Health Organization upgraded the pandemic to a level 5. Plus, they think Americans aren't taking it seriously enough. Really?

I'm a little freaked out.Garrett thinks I'm reactionary. Of course, I think it's a good time to be so. I keep thinking of this book my book club read about the Bubonic plague. It was gross and terrifying. Plus, I love Stephen King's book The Stand. It, too, is terrifying because most of the planet is wiped out by a horrible illness.

Would it scare away customers in the office if we wore masks and gloves? Should we post a sign that asks people not to enter if they feel unwell?

I don't know. Maybe I'm a bit "reactionary."

Garrett and I have nearly been wiped out by Oklahoma allergies this year. Can you imagine what a little swine flu could do?

They say to stay home if you're not feeling well. How does one do that in Oklahoma? Tulsa is ranked the #1 worst place to live for allergies. If you're affected by allergens, how can you tell if you have the flu or just the seasonal gunk? So far there haven't been any cases of swine flu in Oklahoma. It's probably here. People probably think the pollen is extra high or something.

1 comment:

Rome and Brenda said...

All joking aside, I read where a governor has requested that the people of her state stop shaking hands and using daily gestures of common courtesy until this thing calms down. With that said, I don't think wearing a mask (or gloves) would be inappropriate. Do whatcha gotta do!