Thursday, April 2, 2009

7 months and crawling!

I was told yesterday that Barbie's birthday post has been up long enough that everyone know she's 50.

Sorry.

I 've been distracted lately and have even considered stopping this blog completely since I'm not doing it regularly. I've REALLY neglected my blog on my brandibarnett.com site.

So, I'm giving a try at updating while I'm waiting for Max to either stay asleep or start crying again. Poor guy. He's teething. For a while we thought he was having separation anxiety. Or he was training us. Nope. He was in pain. I finally gave in and followed my mom's suggestion to give him Tylenol. I'm so grateful we did because we've actually had more sleep this week. Whew!

The real news, though, is that two days ago, while he was still six months old, he crawled. For weeks, he'd been crawling backwards. We didn't count that. He'd take a few steps forward and then get confused and go backwards again. We didn't count that, either. However, two days ago he took off.

And the kid can move.

I've gotten into the habit of putting him in the hallway in the doorway while I do laundry. I looked up and saw him crawling toward me. Then I saw him knocking over laundry baskets. Then he was moving all over the laundry room and I was trying to beat him to the lint that had fallen on the floor. Some part of me thought that he couldn't really be crawling. Later that night, when Garrett and I were in the playroom, Max took off and knocked down a tower of blocks Garrett built. Since someone else shared the experience with me, I knew it was real.

As my dad said the next morning, our lives will never be the same again.

No comments: