Sunday, July 12, 2009

Girls of '93


Friends are valuable. Especially ones you've known most of your life. Especially ones who know you. I was with Katie when she met her hubby. I guess we need to pick someone out for Ange--not that she'd let us! If not for these girls, Garrett and I may have never dated. It was they who arrived at a New Year's Eve party back in '93, scoped it out, and pointed to Garrett. "Why haven't you dated him?" Good question. And the rest is history.

I was so excited to see my girls on Friday. Katie met Max for the first time. Max adored her. As on previous visits, he proved he adored Ange, too. After visiting Max and my mom and brother, we went to the lake where we had a fun filled day of playing on the jet skis planned.

Fate, on the other hand, had something else in mind.

When we arrived, I'd left my keys to the trabin at the house. After many expletives, I called home. Luckily, Garrett was there for lunch and brought them out to us. After that minor setback, we gals went down to the boat slip where G and I had stowed the jet skis the night before. Of course, we couldn't get them to work. Either of them!

Oh well. We floated around in the lake and snacked and visited, which was so nice. We just didn't have enough time. We never do. I think we should plan a spa visit next time.

Here we are five years ago at a class reunion:

Lots of other pics exist of us together, but I haven't scanned them. Katie and I've been friends since we were three. Ange, Katie and I have been friends since we were eleven. As Ange's niece says, we're definitely "best friends for freakin' life."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mis amigas por vida!!! Love you gals!!! ~ Ange